Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Phone Issues!

Okay, for those of you who don't know my Payton, she is addicted to the phone. Yes, I said the phone and I know she is six! Scary actually! Well today I called home and she answered it she knew it was me so I asked her if I could talk to dad. She replied, "Um, I'll have to have him call you back cuz I'm talking on the other line". I love you mom and click... Yes, my daughter hung up on me!! When I asked her why she said "Well, I was talking to BROOKLYN"! Like, hello is there really a need to explain?!

I admit it's taking some getting used to but I LOVE having such a *girly* girl for a daughter! She is so good for her tom-boy of a mom! Thanks for the laugh today Pay! I love you!!

I guess it all that pretend phone I used to do when she was little. I used to take her foot and "rotary" style dial numbers on the bottom of her foot, then run my fingers top to bottom of her foot to tickle it while it *rang*. Then finally talk on my *PAY PHONE*. Payton would laugh the whole time. She amazed me at how much she enjoyed something so silly. Every once in awhile she'll ask me if I'll talk on the *pay phone*. I love it!! :0)

8 comments:

Nikki said...

That is to funny. I love it.

Christine said...

That's hilarious! I love moments like that when you find something special that you do with just one of your kids. I have something like that were I lick Cole's nose like a puppy. I love how it cracks him up!

I love your blog!

Kendra said...

This is too funny! Oh the fun with girls!

Unknown said...

Hi jana, I found your blog via Trish's. If you want to stop by mine and say hi you can visit me at web.me.com/z7greens. You and your family look great!

Natalie said...

Hi! Cute family! So I was wondering how did you do your "I belong" picture and link? I think it's a great idea and I want to copy it for my blog- if you don't mind. Thanks for your kind words after Keith's passing. It's been fun to look at your blog and see what you are up to these days. I look forward to more posts.

Melvin and Carly said...

Hey Jana. Such a good looking family! Love the phone story. Audrey has started picking up the extension every time I'm on the phone and repeating every word I say. Funny at first, then sort of aggravating.

I have the same question as Natalie. Where did you get that "I Belong" picture? I'd like to do it as well, but haven't been able to find a picture like that. Hope you're all doing well! Love ya.

jana said...

Hello all!
I got the "belong" tag off of LeeLou blogs. She has several LDS tags will all the how to's to post them on there too. Cute YW one's, all kinds! Check her out! I'll be updating this weekend hopefully! I know it's been too long! Glad we're all finding each other again!

Love ya!

Christine said...

Hey I want to come watch when your 9 yr old does his tri-athalon and cheer him on. That is so cool!That's one of things I want to do after I get past my first marathon.

I finally got Wes to do his first race. He's going to do a 10K in Chandler on the 18th. We'll see if he makes it! Ha! Ha!